- Bolivia’s new health minister, Edgar Pozo, at a press conference Sunday said consuming toxic bleach chlorine dioxide as a COVID-19 treatment is now permitted.
- It has no medical value and is potentially deadly if consumed, according to medical authorities including the FDA and WHO.
- Despite this, a determined campaign by advocates of the substance, also called Miracle Mineral Solution, persuaded many to take it.
- Business Insider previously reported how lawmakers in Bolivia embraced the substance despite warnings from the nation’s own health ministry.
- But last month the old government lost power, allowing the newly-installed Pozo to effectively overturn that advice.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Bolivia’s new minister of health publicly endorsed consuming a type of toxic bleach to treat COVID-19, despite clear evidence of its dangers.
The statement at the weekend by Edgar Pozo was part of…